Is This Zero-Turn Mower Best For You?
I know … zero-turn mowers are all the rage. These mowers are supposed to save you time and make your life easier I like them and use them all the time. But if you are new to zero-turns I would like you to read this article before you buy one. Do I really need a zero-turn mower?
Summary: This Craftsman is completely new! If I were to buy a ZTR for my 1 acre yard this year this is the one I would pick. Using this ZTR compared to a standard lawn tractor I can cut my mowing time from over 2 hours (including trimming) to about 45 minutes. This is one of the most rugged residential zero-turns with a 46 inch deck. With a top speed of 6.5 miles per hour you can easily mow 2 acres or so of relatively flat terrain. For maneuverability, efficiency and convenience in a residential zero-turn mower package, this is my pick.
New: Craftsman 22 HP Zero Turn Riding Mower with 46-in deck
New Model: Z6200
New Model Number: 20413
New Color: Red
New Manufacture: HOP
See All Buying Options Here: Craftsman NEW 46″ 22 HP Series Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
Is this mower for you?
- Fully adjustable foam padded steering bars: You can adjust the feel of this ZTR for any size operator. They are close enough together so you can operate the mower with one hand in a straight line ( to scratch your nose or move a branch out of the way. It also has adjustable tracking. (This mower uses an independent transmission for each rear wheel. It is normal for one to to wear a little differently over time causing one steering bar to have to be moved a little more than the other. The adjustable tracking allows you to “even” the bars so you steer it with one hand) Hydraulic dampeners on the levers give you smooth control. (Zero-turns without dampeners are very jerky and hard to control)
- Powerful, 22 HP Kohler Elite Series engine
- Air induction mowing technology: This lets more air into the deck. This allows the blades to lift the grass better and cut more evenly. The deep deck gives plenty of airflow to disperse clippings smoothly and evenly in side-discharge mode and it allows plenty of room for the grass to be recut in finer particles when mulching. This is one of the reasons the Craftsman 46 inch decks cut so well. The two blade 46 inch deck is one of the best for bagging. Yes, It mows in reverse and has a washout port.
- Maintenance-free transmissions: The EZT transmissions are sealed for life and never need maintenance.
- Removable foot pan for easy access: One of the best features of this zero-turn. You can remove the floor board quickly so you can clean the top of the deck or change the belt.
- Easy-access service points: Make maintenance fast and simple. Every maintenance item on this mower is easy to get at.
- Comfortable operation that you’ll appreciate: Convenient control panel includes an hour meter with service minder. All the control are in one spot so you don’t have to hunt for them every time you want to adjust the throttle or turn off the deck. The standard electric PTO clutch is easier on your deck belt and is built to last for years
- Adjustable High back seat
- 3.5 gal. gas tank
NOTE: Most zero turn mowers under $3000 use Hydro-Gear EZT transmissions. Zero-turn mowers with EZT transmissions are not designed to pull a yard cart, sweeper or leaf vac. In fact most of them do not come with a rear hitch. The transmissions are designed to give you years of use but they will burn out quickly if you try to pull loads like a yard cart filled with dirt. If you would like a more detailed explanation just ask in the comments below.
There will be a bagger available.
Craftsman 46 in. Hi-Lift Tractor Blade
Craftsman 46″ Premium Bagging/Discharge Blade
Craftsman 46 in. Advanced Mulching and Bagging Blade Set
Complete Product Description:: Craftsman NEW 46″ 22 HP Series Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
See All Buying Options, Special Offers:: Craftsman NEW 46″ 22 HP Series Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
See All Pickup and Delivery Options:: Craftsman NEW 46″ 22 HP Series Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
See All Financing Options: Credit, Special Financing: Craftsman NEW 46″ 22 HP Series Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
California Model: None
2014 Craftsman Zero-Turn Mowers. You Asked, They Listened! If you want a new zero-turn this year it is going to be tough to compete with Craftsman this year. They have taken the best and made a complete selection of residential zero-turns. They did all of that while keeping the price the affordable.
You will have a hard time not buying a Craftsman this year.