It’s Not What’s Best, It What’s Best For You!
NEW! Premium 42” John Deere Model D125 Riding Mower with powerful V-Twin engine, Only at The Home Depot.
The 2014 John Deere D125 sports a new V-Twin 20 HP engine and high back seat. This lawn tractor mows great. The foot pedal hydrostatic transmission is designed to ensure excellent performance and reliability. This is a great choice for your 1/2 to 1 1/2 acre yard. The 18 inch turning radius is not the best in the industry but if you don’t have a lot of small obstructions to mow around it is just fine. I can recommend this tractor for most attachments including a bagger, lawn sweeper and 10 cu. ft. yard cart.
Legendary John Deere durability is here on the 125 Series, thanks to a solid, one-piece, 12-gauge frame, along with heavy-duty crankshaft, a cast-iron front axle, and a high capacity engine filter – all proof that a lot more goes into a 125 Series tractor than meets the eye.
Is this mower for you?
- It will mow about 1 acre an hour
- Terrain: Flat, Slopes
- Standard Low Back Seat
- Cast Iron front axle. This is axle won’t bend or break.
- Turning Radius similar to the Craftsman, Troy-Bilt, Ariens or Husqvarna lawn tractors, but is not as good as the Craftsman Yard Tractors or Cub Cadet 100 Series. If you don’t have a lot of small landscaping features and trees to mow around the 18 inch turning radius is fine.
- John Deere has good quality engines, but am not sure how this one stacks up against the competition. When I learn more, I’ll add my viewpoint.
- I do like the 13 position cutting height control. You can fine tune your cut to easily match other mowers (your neighbors edge of the yard)
- It is easy to operate, push the large pedal on the right to go forward, push the small pedal to go back. A parking brake is on the left.
- It is priced at $1799. For only $100 more than the D110 you get a V-twin, nice seat and cruise control!
- If you just want to mow your lawn, use a bagger to collect the clippings, and pull a yard cart this mower will work well for you. This tractor will handle a snow blade or snow thrower.
- Some John Deere dealers have on-site service or will pick up your tractor but you are responsible for the trip charge or for getting your tractor to the dealer for service
- John Deere will set up this tractor and deliver it within 7-14 days by a local John Deere representative. At Delivery the customer will be taught by John Deere how to operate and maintain the mower.
- Standard 2 year/120 hour warranty on the tractor.
John Deere Garden Cart. 650 lb. 10 cu. ft. Tow-Behind Poly Utility Cart
John Deere 100 Series 42 in. Twin Bagger for Tractor
John Deere 100 Series 2-Bar Bumper for Lawn Tractor
42 in. Mower Blades for John Deere (2-Pack)
John Deere 42 in. xtreme Mulching Blade for Tractor
John Deere Landscaping Supplies. 42 in. Mulch Cover
John Deere 46 in. Front Blade Attachment for Tractors
Complete Product Description: John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D125 42 in. 20 HP Hydrostatic Front-Engine BG20709
See All Buying Options, Special Offers: John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D125 42 in. 20 HP Hydrostatic Front-Engine BG20709
See All Pickup and Delivery Options: John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D125 42 in. 20 HP Hydrostatic Front-Engine BG20709
See All Financing Options: Credit, Special Financing John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D125 42 in. 20 HP Hydrostatic Front-Engine BG20709
California Model: John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D125 42 in. 20 HP Hydrostatic Front-Engine – California Compliant BG20713
2014 John Deere Lawn Tractors.
From the beginning, every 100 Series Tractor is made right. With The Edge™ Cutting System, a 3-in-1 deck, you can choose between mulching, bagging, and side-discharging. The stamped deck design completely lifts grass for a precise, even cut. And you can find the precise mowing height every time, thanks to the ¼-inch height of cut adjustment. Legendary John Deere durability is also found on the 100 Series, thanks to a solid, one-piece, 12-gauge frame, along with heavy-duty crankshaft, a cast-iron front axle, and a high capacity engine filter – all proof that a lot more goes into a 100 Series tractor than meets the eye.