Is the 2014 Craftsman 54 Inch Model 20414 Zero Turn Riding Mower Best For You?
Summary: There are two zero-turns that have been very popular and have been the standard residential zero turn everyone else has sought after for quite some time. Originally developed as the Dixon SpeedZTR and the Husqvarna RZ5424, these two ZTRs are so popular. This new Craftsman is directly based on these two ZTRs and includes all the features that made them such a great mower. This mower cuts great, has a great reputation and can actually turn inside it’s own dimensions. It is very rugged for the price and has excellent traction even though it is lightweight.
I know zero-turn mowers are all the rage. These mowers are supposed to save you time and make your life easier I like them and use them all the time. But if you are new to zero-turns I would like you to read this article before you buy one. Do I really need a zero-turn mower?
New: Craftsman 24 HP Zero Turn Riding Mower with 54-in deck HOP
New Model: Z6700
New Model Number: 20414
New Color: Red
New Manufacture: HOP
See All Buying Options Here: Craftsman 54″ 24 HP Complete Start Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
- It will mow a little over 2 acres an hour. If you have 2 or more acres this zero-turn is a great choice. It is lightweight, balanced well and doesn’t tear up your lawn like some of the other zero-turns. Even though it is lightweight it handles slopes and ditches better than most residential zero-turns. If you have lots of tress and landscape features with a little practice this mower will easily cut your mowing time in half compared to a 54 inch garden tractor.
- Fully adjustable foam padded steering bars: You can adjust the feel of this ZTR for any size operator. They are close enough together so you can operate the mower with one hand in a straight line ( to scratch your nose or move a branch out of the way. It also has adjustable tracking. (This mower uses an independent transmission for each rear wheel. It is normal for one to to wear a little differently over time causing one steering bar to have to be moved a little more than the other. The adjustable tracking allows you to “even” the bars so you steer it with one hand) Hydraulic dampeners on the levers give you smooth control. (Zero-turns without dampeners are very jerky and hard to control)
- Powerful, 24 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
- Air induction mowing technology: This lets more air into the deck. This allows the blades to lift the grass better and cut more evenly. The deep deck gives plenty of airflow to disperse clippings smoothly and evenly in side-discharge mode and it allows plenty of room for the grass to be recut in finer particles when mulching. This is one of the reasons the Craftsman 46 inch decks cut so well. The two blade 46 inch deck is one of the best for bagging. Yes, It mows in reverse and has a washout port.
- Maintenance-free transmissions: The EZT transmissions are sealed for life and never need maintenance.
- Removable foot pan for easy access: One of the best features of this zero-turn. You can remove the floor board quickly so you can clean the top of the deck or change the belt.
- Easy-access service points: Make maintenance fast and simple. Every maintenance item on this mower is easy to get at.
- Comfortable operation that you’ll appreciate: Craftsman Complete Start(TM) ignition and monitor offers simplified starting, no keys to lose, and less concern leaving your mower unattended. All the control are in one spot so you don’t have to hunt for them every time you want to adjust the throttle or turn off the deck. The standard electric PTO clutch is easier on your deck belt and is built to last for years
- Heavy-duty front casters and a rugged tube steel frame
- Easy-access service points makes maintenance fast and simple. Open frame does not collect debris.
- Adjustable High back seat
- 3.5 gal. gas tank
Complete Product Description: Craftsman 54″ 24 HP Complete Start Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
See All Buying Options, Special Offers: Craftsman 54″ 24 HP Complete Start Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
See All Pickup and Delivery Options: Craftsman 54″ 24 HP Complete Start Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
See All Financing Options: Credit, Special Financing Craftsman 54″ 24 HP Complete Start Zero-Turn Tractor Non CA 11 x 4
California Model: None
2014 Craftsman Zero-Turn Mowers. You Asked, They Listened! If you want a new zero-turn this year it is going to be tough to compete with Craftsman this year. They have taken the best and made a complete selection of residential zero-turns. They did all of that while keeping the price the affordable.
You will have a hard time not buying a Craftsman this year.