Is This Zero-Turn Mower Best For You?
Summary: This is one of the tougher residential zero-turns on the market. Features I like are the steel pulley covers on the deck. You can stand on them! I like the automatic parking brake. Open the handles to get off and the parking brake automatically sets. This zero-turn uses a tub chassis. The tub chassis is stiff so it will handle slopes better. 8 cutting heights.
I know zero-turn mowers are all the rage. These mowers are supposed to save you time and make your life easier I like them and use them all the time. But if you are new to zero-turns I would like you to read this article before you buy one. Do I really need a zero-turn mower?
New: Craftsman 24 HP Zero Turn Riding Mower with 54-in deck
New Model: Z6600
New Model Number: 20415
New Color: Red
New Manufacture: MTD
See All Buying Options Here: Craftsman 54 24hp V-Twin Kohler Zero Turn Riding Mower – Non CA 13x5x6 Ribbed Casters
Replaces: Replaces 25061 CRAFTSMAN, CM 24 HP
Is this mower for you?
- It will mow about 2 acres an hour
- Terrain: Flat, Slopes, Moderate Hills
- Equipped with a 54 inch wide cutting deck, and the new Kohler 7000 Series 24 HP* OHV V-Twin, is designed to take on large smooth and rough lawns.
- This is one of the most solid built residential zero-turns. Instead of a welded, fabricated chassis this zero-turn mower uses a one piece tub chassis. This chassis style provides a superior cut yet is flexible enough to go through the dips and bumps in your lawn without losing traction.
- The new Kohler 7000 Series features full pressure lubrication for work on slopes and premium spin-on oil filter for longer life
- Infinite-speed dual hydrostatic transmissions with large 1″ drive axle provides precise control, and the sealed designed reduces maintenance. The transmissions are rated to handle the mower, operator and a 3 bin bagger.
- 54” wide deck design uses air induction for a great lift-and-cut. It features a timed triple blade system for superior cutting performance that will help get the job done faster
- Electric blade engagement controls blades with the push of a button
- 8 cutting heights from 1.5” to 4.0” provides flexibility and precision
- 4 gauge wheels and front nose roller provide level cutting, and minimize scalping for a more beautiful lawn
- 18” Turf Saver Tires in the back prevent skidding and grass damage while making turns
- 13″ front caster wheels make turning effortless
- This zero-turn is easy to get on and off with the metal pulley guards. You can step on them without damaging the deck.
- The parking brake is integrated into the lapbars for intuitive starting and parking
- 12-gauge welded steel frame and 4” front axle provide rugged durability
- 12 Volt, 230 CCA Battery assures reliable starting in many different weather conditions
- 3 Gallon gas tank with sight gauge gives you more mowing time between fill ups
- Deluxe High Back seat has added padding to make every ride a comfortable one. The Auto Slide allows the user to easily move the seat into a comfortable position
- Foam covered lapbar grips reduce vibrations for a more comfortable ride. They are fully adjustable for large and small operators.
- Electronic Service Minder keeps track of hours used to help determine maintenance intervals
- Dual deck wash system cleans out grass and debris build-up under the deck
- Built in utility bin for storage
- Cup holders for your favorite beverage
- 2 year limited warranty
Complete Product Description: Craftsman 54 24hp V-Twin Kohler Zero Turn Riding Mower – Non CA 13x5x6 Ribbed Casters
See All Buying Options, Special Offers: Craftsman 54 24hp V-Twin Kohler Zero Turn Riding Mower – Non CA 13x5x6 Ribbed Casters
See All Pickup and Delivery Options: Craftsman 54 24hp V-Twin Kohler Zero Turn Riding Mower – Non CA 13x5x6 Ribbed Casters
See All Financing Options: Credit, Special Financing Craftsman 54 24hp V-Twin Kohler Zero Turn Riding Mower – Non CA 13x5x6 Ribbed Casters
California Model: None
2014 Craftsman Zero-Turn Mowers. You Asked, They Listened! If you want a new zero-turn this year it is going to be tough to compete with Craftsman this year. They have taken the best and made a complete selection of residential zero-turns. They did all of that while keeping the price the affordable.
You will have a hard time not buying a Craftsman this year.