Is This Zero-Turn Mower Best For You?
I know zero-turn mowers are all the rage. These mowers are supposed to save you time and make your life easier. I like them and use them all the time. But if you are new to zero-turns I would like you to read this article before you buy one. Do I really need a zero-turn mower?
Summary: This Craftsman is new! I am very excited about this new model. It’s priced right and is a true high-end residential (Prosumer) zero-turn with heavy-duty transmissions, heavy-duty frame and a Kohler Pro motor! The mower is new to Craftsman but it is a proven design and has been around for a while. I’m already very familiar with this zero-turn and I have recommended it to many small landscapers. This mower will mow up to 3 acres an hour and is rugged enough to easily handle a 10 acre lawn for many years. If you have hills and slopes this zero-turn will handle them well.
New: Craftsman 26 HP Zero Turn Riding Mower with 54-in deck
New Model: Z7400 Craftsman Pro
New Model Number: 20417
New Color: Black
New Manufacture: HOP
See All Buying Options Here: Craftsman Professional 54″ 26 hp Pro Z7400 Series Zero-Turn Yard Tractor Non CA 13 x 6.5 x 5
Is this mower for you?
- Fully adjustable foam padded steering bars: You can adjust the feel of this ZTR for any size operator. They are close enough together so you can operate the mower with one hand in a straight line ( to scratch your nose or move a branch out of the way. It also has adjustable tracking. (This mower uses an independent transmission for each rear wheel. It is normal for one to to wear a little differently over time causing one steering bar to have to be moved a little more than the other. The adjustable tracking allows you to “even” the bars so you steer it with one hand) Hydraulic dampeners on the levers give you smooth control. (Zero-turns without dampeners are very jerky and hard to control)
- Powerful, 26hp Kohler 7000 Series engine
- Air induction mowing technology: The deck delivers consistently even cutting and impressive performance. This lets more air into the deck. This allows the blades to lift the grass better and cut more evenly. The deep deck gives plenty of airflow to disperse clippings smoothly and evenly in side-discharge mode and it allows plenty of room for the grass to be recut in finer particles when mulching. This is one of the reasons the Craftsman 46 inch decks cut so well. The two blade 46 inch deck is one of the best for bagging. Yes, It mows in reverse and has a washout port.
- Maintenance-free transmissions: The ZT3100 transmissions are sealed for life and never need maintenance.
- Removable foot pan for easy access: One of the best features of this zero-turn. You can remove the floor board quickly so you can clean the top of the deck or change the belt.
- Easy-access service points: Make maintenance fast and simple. Every maintenance item on this mower is easy to get at.
- Comfortable operation that you’ll appreciate: Convenient control panel includes an hour meter with service minder. All the control are in one spot so you don’t have to hunt for them every time you want to adjust the throttle or turn off the deck. The standard electric PTO clutch is easier on your deck belt and is built to last for years
- ZT-3100® Transissions: The ZT-3100® is a heavy duty transmission and is designed for commercial applications. It has additional features not found in the under $3000 mowers: Relief valve for added protection. Charge pump for increased durability and speed. Cut steel pinion for greater durability. Heavy Duty 1 inch axles. These transmission are rated for over 1200 lbs of gross vehicle weight (1200 lbs minus, the zero-turn weight 700, minus your weight, equals pulling weight) These transmission have the same rating as the John Deere Z445 that costs $5099!
- Adjustable High back seat
- 3.5 gal. gas tank
There will be a bagger, mulching blades and hi-lift blades available.
Note: The mower will not be on display at most Sears locations. The mower will be available to purchase online through the links below but it will be delivered to your local store for free. It will also qualify for free delivery to your home if that promotion is going on.
Complete Product Description: Craftsman Professional 54″ 26 hp Pro Z7400 Series Zero-Turn Yard Tractor Non CA 13 x 6.5 x 5
See All Buying Options, Special Offers:: Craftsman Professional 54″ 26 hp Pro Z7400 Series Zero-Turn Yard Tractor Non CA 13 x 6.5 x 5
See All Pickup and Delivery Options:: Craftsman Professional 54″ 26 hp Pro Z7400 Series Zero-Turn Yard Tractor Non CA 13 x 6.5 x 5
See All Financing Options: Credit, Special Financing: Craftsman Professional 54″ 26 hp Pro Z7400 Series Zero-Turn Yard Tractor Non CA 13 x 6.5 x 5
California Model: None
2014 Craftsman Zero-Turn Mowers. You Asked, They Listened! If you want a new zero-turn this year it is going to be tough to compete with Craftsman this year. They have taken the best and made a complete selection of residential zero-turns. They did all of that while keeping the price the affordable.
You will have a hard time not buying a Craftsman this year.