My neighbor was using his 1972 Troy-Bilt Horse the other day to till up his 1/4 acre garden and it reminded me to check if they are still available.
Yes! The same rototiller that made Troy-Bilt famous is still available for sale!
Here are a few features that made this tiller one of the most popular tillers ever made. Even today the only item that has really changed is they upgraded the engine from the old Tecumseh flathead design to a Briggs & Stratton OHV.
Just One Hand® operation lets you guide your Troy-Bilt® tiller with literally one hand. Because the machine is engineered to be well-balanced and easy to control, it does the work – not you.
The Troy-Bilt Horse tillers use a patented cast-iron encased transmission with bronze gear drive that provides so much extra strength and durability, we cover it with a limited lifetime warranty.
All Troy-Bilt® tillers feature patented Bolo® tines, which are three uniquely shaped tines. Each tine is designed to do a separate task, yet work together to create finely tilled soil, ready for planting.
- Limited lifetime warranty on transmission
- 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty – refer to online operator’s manual for exclusions
- Forward-rotating tines for premium garden soil preparation
- 4 forward, 1 neutral and 2 reverse speeds
- 20″ tilling width
- 12″ tine diameter
- Adjustable tilling depth up to 7″
- Standard power take-off (PTO)
- 16″ ag tires
- Full-sided tine shields for operator protection
- Accepts a wide variety of optional attachments
- 306cc* Briggs & Stratton OHV 1450 Series engine
*as rated by engine manufacturer
Check it out here: Horse Garden Tiller $1999.99 with free shipping (no affiliate link)
If you would like to buy it with a 4 year Protection Plan you may buy it here through Amazon: Troy-Bilt Horse 306cc 20-Inch Forward Rotating Rear-Tine Tiller. 2099.99 -free shipping plus $211.44 for 4 year Prot Plan. (this is an affiliate link)