The Ariens Company debuted numerous products and technologies under its Ariens and Gravely brands at GIE+EXPO 2013. They included the following:
* Auto-Turn steering technology: This zero-turning technology is exclusively available for Ariens Sno-Thro snow blowers. It enables operators to turn effortlessly without adjusting speed or engaging triggers or levers, making snow removal easier, faster and more comfortable.
* Ariens Path-Pro single-stage snowthrower: The new Path-Pro (21-inch clearing width) is the smallest snowthrower built by Ariens, but is designed to be durable enough for heavyweight use by professional snow removal crews and comes with an entry price of $399.
* Ariens and Gravely Hydro Brush 36:With a 36-inch clearing width, this all-season machine is capable of moving snow, sand, dirt and gravel from sidewalks, driveways and decorative surfaces like patio brick or cobblestone. It can also be used to dethatch or remove gravel from lawns. It boasts a hydrostatic transmission engineered in partnership with Hydro-Gear. Designed with a thermal management system to prevent overheating, the Hydro-Gear RT-210 transmission allows for infinite speed control, smooth operation and minimal maintenance. Speed can be adjusted while the power brush is still moving, eliminating jumping or lurching with speed changes. The hydro drive system’s synthetic oil will not break down like conventional oils and does not require adjustments, meaning it is maintenance free.
* Gravely Pro-Turn Series with high-horsepower option: Gravely announced the addition of a 35-hp. Kawasaki FX1000V engine option to its Pro-Turn Series of zero-turn mowers. This option will be available on the Pro-Turn 460 and 472 models.
* Gravely Pro-Stance 36: With patent-pending features, including integrated transmissions, a dial height-of-cut and foot pedal deck lift, the new 36-inch-wide Pro-Stance is small enough to fit within gates and tight spaces, yet doesn’t sacrifice productivity and superior results.
* Gravely Commercial 21: A 21-inch commercial walk-behind mower powered by the Kawasaki FJ180V KAI 179-cc OHV engine.
* Blade Brake Clutch (BBC) versions of the Ariens Razor and Gravely XD3 21-inch walk-behind mowers: The BBC option allows the engines of both mowers to run while the blade is stopped, making it easy to start and safe to operate. This feature allows operators to easily move obstacles or empty grass bags while working.
* Ariens and Gravely All Purpose Vacuum (APV) for effectively picking up leaves, litter and other debris. A zipperless bag design simplifies emptying debris, and the Rite-Hite Handlebaradjustment allows for height customization and easy storage.
* Ariens and Gravely 22-ton log splitter: With a 22-ton splitting force, the log splitter easily cuts through most types of wood and can accommodate a variety of jobs. Powered by a 174-cc/4.5-hp. Subaru vertical-shaft OHC engine, it has a 12-second cycle time and a 25-inch log capacity. Plus, it has an open operating zone, which promotes less operator bending, reaching and fatigue.
For more information, visit www.ariens.com.