BRIGGS & STRATTON SHOWCASES USER-DRIVEN INNOVATION AT GIE+EXPO
MILWAUKEE, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — At the outdoor power equipment industry’s largest gathering and product showcase, Briggs & Stratton Corporation stood out for continued innovation across the company’s product line, designed to make it easier and faster for users to accomplish their goals.
“Whether it’s a new lawnmower equipped with our latest engine, a Bluetooth1-enabled generator or a host of products that make it easier for outdoor power equipment owners to keep their equipment in top condition, Briggs & Stratton is committed to innovations that remove barriers that get in the way of getting work done,” said Rick Carpenter, vice president corporate marketing Briggs & Stratton. “In recent years, we have launched dozens of products that have thrilled consumers, received industry awards, and exceeded sales expectations. The products we shared at GIE+EXPO simply represent the latestin engines and products focused on solving user’s problems. Outdoor power equipment today, with our engines, is significantly better than what most people currently own.”
At the recent industry event, dealers and retailers had the opportunity to see and test out the latest in Briggs & Stratton’s portfolio of innovations including:
- The Briggs & Stratton 8,0002-Watt Elite SeriesTM Portable Generator with StatStation Wireless Bluetooth which makes it easy and convenient for homeowners to monitor the generator from a smart device. This allows users to see the remaining fuel levels or capacity of the generator at a glance. The app also provides maintenance reminders and a dealer locator.
- Briggs & Stratton’s VanguardTM brand has launched, Vanguard Oil, a 100 percent synthetic 15W-50 small engine oil designed for demanding commercial engine applications. Vanguard Oil is ideal for commercial-focused turf-cutters who push their small engines to the limits, operating for hours on end often in hot summer conditions. These operators need the maximum protection of Vanguard Oil to minimize downtime.
- Vanguard’s new Oil Guard System, which will be found on the brand’s 810 and BIG BLOCKTM commercial engine series is a breakthrough solution for commercial landscapers. The system allows for 500 hours between oil changes offering significant cost savings and productivity gains. The system continuously exchanges oil between the engine and a large remote oil reservoir external to the engine. It protects the engine oil from thermal breakdown, extending maintenance intervals and producing a cooler running engine.
- The new Mow N’ Stow® + Just Check & AddTM walk mower engine combines two of Briggs & Stratton’s most popular recent innovations. The engine never needs an oil change3, owners need only check oil levels and add when necessary. And, the innovative engine technology allows the mower to be folded and stored upright even with gas and oil in the tanks, taking up 70 percent less space in the garage.
- The expansion of the Just Check & Add technology to the popular 625ex Series4 walk mower engine simplifies maintenance for lawnmower owners, as they no longer need to change the oil each year. Those with the engine technology need only check the oil and add when needed.
- EASYflexTM high-pressure washer hoses are designed to make pressure washer set-up and storage more manageable. At 30-feet long and three times more flexible than a standard pressure washer hose EASYFlex helps improve the pressure-washing experience.
- The Briggs & Stratton Protection Pack makes pressure washer maintenance easier. The pack includes the exclusive Pump Saver formula to protect piston and seals from damage; O-Ring Replacement Kit to avoid last-minute trips to the hardware store when the unit’s O-rings become worn; and Advanced Formula Fuel Treatment and Stabilizer to help prevent damage caused by ethanol.
- The third pressure washer innovation introduced at EXPO is a rotating surface cleaner with detergent tank, which allows users to clean large outdoor areas such as driveways and decks up to five times faster5. The rotating surface cleaner comes in a 16-inch size designed for gas-model pressure washers and a 14-inch size for electric pressure washers. Both come with an integrated detergent tank.
About Briggs & Stratton Corporation:
Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG), headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is focused on providing power to get work done and make people’s lives better. Briggs & Stratton is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of gas pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton®, Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro®, Ferris®, Vanguard™, Allmand™, Billy Goat®, Murray®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. For additional information, please visit www.basco.com and www.briggsandstratton.com.
1 The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Briggs & Stratton Corporationis under license.
2 This generator is rated in accordance with CSA C22.2 No.100-14 and Briggs & Stratton standard 628k.
3 To see complete details refer to your Operating Manual or see http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/warranty for details. Briggs & Strattonstandard warranty terms and conditions apply. Just Check & Add does not extend the warranty period.
4 Just Check & Add is only available on 625ex models with press-fit-style air cleaners
5 The 16-inch Rotating Surface Cleaner cleans up to 5-times faster than a 40-degree nozzle. The 14-inch Rotating Surface Cleaner is 4-times faster than a 40-degree nozzle.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/briggs–stratton-showcases-user-driven-innovation-at-gieexpo-300371829.html
SOURCE Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Amy Rohn, 608/251-7070, firstname.lastname@example.org