The New Toro 60 Volt Flex-Force System includes a 22-inch Personal Pace Mower, 21 inch Snow Thrower, 605 CFM Blower, and a cool new String Trimmer!
What do you get when you merge the best selling 22-inch walk-behind mower, the best selling single stage snow thrower and the leading electric blower design with the latest brushless motor/battery technology? The 2019 Toro Flex-Force! The system also includes other yard tools including a brushless push mower and 14/16 inch heavy-duty trimmer at this time.
- Toro, is a trusted brand with 100 years of know-how; tested and trusted; choose with confidence, knowing millions of people worldwide count on Toro lawn mowers; Toro is America’s #1 lawn mower brand. Toro always performs extensive field and lab testing before they offer a product to you.
- Toro is the industry-leading expert in electric blowers and other outdoor equipment solutions. They now offer powerful hand-held products that rival gas-powered products.
Finally, a leading mower company is offering a state of the art walk-behind cordless mower. We all know mowers that cut, bag and mulch well are much more than spinning metal blade inside a plastic bowl…But up to this point, all we’ve pretty much had are cordless power tool companies making a mower just to sell more tools. This is the first time Toro – a mower company has taken their best-rated mower and made it electric!
Reasons to buy the Toro Flex-Force over other brands.
- Largest mower deck for electric mowers. 22-inch cut!
- The Recycler steel deck is one of the highest rated mulch, bag, and side discharge decks in the industry.
- Everything – including the recycler blade – is identical to the gas-powered Model 20322
- Push or the Personal Pace rear wheel drive you all know and love.
- Best single stage snow thrower design. You know I always rate the Toro single-stage snow throwers as one of the best.
- Highest CFM handheld blower. Lightweight yet 605 CFM!
- One string trimmer that can easily be set up for light homeowner or heavy-duty trimming!
- Honest battery ratings: Batteries are called 60-Volt MAX but they are also labeled properly in Watt-Hours using actual working voltage (54 volts) times amps. (other brands may “fudge” this rating to make their platforms “look” better than a competitor’s)
Let’s go through these reasons in detail:
First The Toro Flex-Force Mower:
Toro has taken the proven #1 selling mower platform, added the latest brushless motor tech, and the best Lithium-ion battery tech and made a mower that cuts better, bags better, mulches better, and stores in your garage better than any other cordless walk-behind mower.
- Full 22-inch cut steel deck! I know from experience that most of you will buy a 22-inch mower over a smaller one if given the chance. This mower’s cutting width is a full 2 inches wider than the nearest competitor’s steel deck cordless mower.
- Proven Toro Recycler Deck. The Recycler cutting system mulches the best and provides a healthier, better-looking lawn.
- Brushless DC motor. Provides more power, more runtime, and longer life.
- RunSmart battery tech. Automatically adjusts power to match cutting conditions. (like the governor on your gas walk-behind but more responsive)
- Battery options for 1/3 and 1/2 acre lots! If your home sits on a 1/3 or 1/2 acre lot 6.0 AH and 7.5 AH battery options are available.
- Personal Pace. The Personal Pace self-propel is the easiest to use, most reliable system in the industry. Simply stand behind the mower, grab the handle and begin walking – the Personal Pace automatically adjusts to the speed you want to walk. The Personal Pace is rear-wheel drive so you get the best traction on slopes.
- Don’t want Personal Pace? A Push sytle mower is also available.
- 11 inch rear wheels! Both the Personal Pace and push mowers use larger 11 inch rear wheels
- Smart Stow. Save Storage Space in your garage or shed. Simply fold, lock and store upright and save up to 70% over your old gas walk-behind.
- Bag on Demand. Like all the other Toro Recycler mowers you can easily switch to bagging if needed or bag all the time if preferred.
- Clean with your garden hose. Has a both a Washout Port or you can flip the handles into the SmartStow position, tip the mower up and spray the bottom with your garden hose. (This is a big deal to me. The closest competitor requires that you DON’T spray the mower with water. They require you to clean the mower and under the deck with a brush!)
- Good Value. $100 less than the competition. (Comparing the 22-inch Flex-Force Personal Pace mower with 7.5 AH to competitor’s 20-inch steel deck self-propelled with 7.5 AH battery)
- Parts already listed on Toro.com. Buy parts online through Toro.com or at your local Toro Dealer!
- Economical! Buy your mower with a 6.AH or 7.5AH battery and use the battery this winter in the new Toro snow thrower!
Comes in three packages for different size yards.
Please note! **This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
22-inch Personal Pace Recycler Deck with 7.5 AH battery. Buy at The Home Depot. Model # 20366. Good for homeowners with 1/2 acre lots. If you think you may want the snow thrower this is the best choice. Buy this mower and buy the bare-tool snow thrower this fall. The 7.5 AH battery costs $100 more than the 6.0 AH but it will give you 33% more runtime in the snow thrower.
22-inch Personal Pace Recycler Deck with 6.0 AH battery. Buy at The Home Depot. Model # 20363. Good for homeowners with 1/3 acre lots.
22-inch Push Recycler Deck with 6.0 AH battery. Buy at The Home Depot. Model # 20361. Good for homeowners who mow their lawn with a rider and just need a walk-behind for trimming (or like to push:)
Toro Force-Flex Trimmer and Blower:
I’m finding out that by having a cordless blower and string trimmer I’m more likely to just grab it and blow the back step clean or trim that one tall piece of grass around the mailbox. I don’t have to worry about buying fuel, mixing fuel, storing fuel and actually trying to start an ornery 2-cycle engine.
Battery powered lawn & garden equipment is so much easier to use.
The Toro Force-Flex String Trimmer and Blower will now give you trimming power and blowing force of commercial equipment at a homeowner price! Let’s start with the trimmer.
Toro Force-Flex String Trimmer: Model # 51830
Instead of offering 2, 3 or 6 different trimmers you have to decide to buy from Toro has just one that can be quickly changed for the type of trimming you want it to do. You can set it up for max run time, trimming large areas or heavy-duty trimming.
- The String Trimmer can use either .080 or .095 trimmer line. It can also trim a 14 or 16-inch swath. Set it up with .080 at 14 inches and you will get the maximum run time for large trimming tasks. Use the .080 set at 16 inches for those slopes you can’t mow with a trimmer but still want to keep it trimmed regularly so it looks like the rest of your lawn. Use the .095 line at 14 inches for tasks like chain link fence where you need the strength of commercial line. Finally, use the .095 line and 16-inch width for larger areas you only trim a few times a year.
- L135 battery (60-Volt MAX, 2.5 Amp-hour, 135 Watt-hour) and charger included. L135 battery (135 Watt-hours) provides up to 50 minutes run time on low speed from a full charge (0.080″ line and 14 in. cut width)
- Multiple Batteries: Can use the 2.5 AH battery for normal trimming on your 1/2 to 2-acre yard or the 6.0 and 7.5 AH from your mower/snow thrower for large tasks.
- Replace your line in no time. No Spools! Quick and easy, just thread the line and spin the dial
- Expect superior durability and performance. This trimmer is made for the tough jobs with more motor torque and a cast aluminum direct-drive head
- Make tasks easier with extended power, run time and product life. High-performance brushless DC motor with less friction, lower maintenance and less wear than a brushed motor. Intelligent battery software maximizes run time and power with the 60-Volts lithium-ion smart battery
- Easy to match the speed to the job. For efficient power use and ultimate ease-of-use with the variable-speed trigger and 2 speed ranges to choose from. This trimmer is made for tough jobs
- Control speed with the variable speed trigger: lower speed is equal to longer run time; higher speed is equal to faster cutting
- Built to last. Comes with worry-free protection. Toro stands behind its products with a full warranty, not just limited coverage. Warranty: 3-year tool, 1-year battery
Available to order now at The Home Depot: Toro 60V Flex-Force Power System Collection
Toro 605 CFM 60-Volts Max Battery Leaf Blower: Model # 51820
- #1 Rated electric blower brand
- Move more leaves faster with an impressive 605 CFM and 115 MPH
- Variable-speed trigger and turbo-boost button.
- Cruise control feature and ergonomic handle, designed to reduce arm fatigue.
- Extended power, run time and product life, thanks to a high-performance brushless DC motor that outperforms brushed motors.
- With 135 Watt-hours, the L135 battery provides up to 90 minutes of run time on low speed. The L135 Smart battery has intelligent software that maximizes run time and performance.
- Choose Toro with confidence to save time, eliminate hassles and have a great-looking yard. Count on it.
- Move large piles of leaves faster with 605 CFM of air volume and 115 MPH air speed
- Get more power when you need it with the variable-speed trigger and turbo-boost button
- Get more power and longer life out of your trimmer, thanks to a high-performance brushless DC motor with less friction, lower maintenance and less wear than a brushed motor
- Save your strength, stay comfortable and tackle big jobs with less effort. The cruise control feature and ergonomic handle are designed to reduce arm fatigue.
- Intelligent battery software maximizes run time and power with the 60-Volts lithium-ion smart battery
- L135 battery (135 Watt-hours) provides up to 90 minutes run time on low speed, 25 minutes on high speed, and 10 minutes on turbo boost. L135 battery (60-Volt MAX, 2.5 Amp-hour, 135 Watt-hour) and charger included. L135 battery (88625) is compatible with all 60-Volts Flex-Force Power System tools, but not recommended as your primary battery for the lawn mower
- All-season power more products in the Flex-Force battery line, from mowers to string trimmers to snowblowers (coming soon). Enjoy performance year round with more products in the Flex-Force battery line. Expand your tools to make less work and save money on your next purchase of a bare tool.
- Worry-free protection Toro stands behind its products with a full warranty, not just limited coverage. Warranty: 3-year tool, 1-year battery
- Toro, a trusted brand with 100 years of know-how. Tested and trusted. Choose with confidence, knowing millions of people worldwide count on Toro electric blowers Toro is the #1 rated electric blower brand
- *Battery manufacturer rating = 60-Volts maximum ad 54 -Volt typical usage actual voltage varies with load
Available to order now at The Home Depot: Toro 60V Flex-Force Power System Collection
Toro Force-Flex Single Stage Snow Thrower:
Toro has the best single stage gas snow thrower. The new Toro Force-Flex takes all that history and experience to give you the very best cordless snow thrower!
- 12-inch high intake, full 21-inch clearing width.
- Only requires one battery for operation.
- New patented pending steel auger design breaks down heavy, wet snow and enables faster-clearing speed with longer battery life.
- Brushless DC motor provides more power, more runtime, and longer life.
- Clears down to the pavement
- See and be seen with new panoramic lighting.
- Two speed ranges to match the power to the job.
- Toro’s Quick-turn chute control that you like!
- Toro’s locking zip deflector. It’s much faster and easier to use than the wingnut style on other brands.
- Adjustable folding handle for comfort and storage.
- Will clear 33% more area with a single charge than the closest competitor. (Competitor’s machine also needs two batteries for operation!)
- Get the job done 25% faster with Toro’s new patented steel auger design.
- New design pulls itself through the snow.
- Toro’s brand reputation and full coverage warranty are the best in the industry!
Available later this year at The Home Depot: Toro 60V Flex-Force Power System Collection
It costs too much!
Will an Electric Mower Save You Money and Cut Lawn Care Costs?
Let me take a minute and look at the total cost of ownership for 22-inch Personal Pace Recycler Deck with 7.5 AH battery.compared to the gas-powered Toro Recycler 22 in. Briggs and Stratton Personal Pace Self Propelled Gas Walk-Behind Lawn Mower with Electric Start. Most owners get at least 10 years out of their Toro so let’s look at the cost for 1/2 acre lot for 10 years. I’ll Do the Math:
Fuel or Electricity:
- Toro Recycler Gas. 1/2 acre lot. Cost New $399
- Yes, You need a new gas can! = $30 Total Cost $430.
- Gas about $2.30 gallon – $1.50 each time, 20 times a year = $300 for 10 years
- Toro Flex-Force Electric. 1/2 acre lot. Cost New $659
- Electricity to charge a battery from your house – $0.16 each time, 20 times a year = $32 for 10 years
- Toro Recycler Gas. Do it yourself Tune-up Toro Recycler Gas. $30, 10 years = $300
- Toro Recycler Gas. Professional Tune-up Toro Recycler Gas. $69, 10 years = $690
- Toro Recycler Gas. Toro Recycler Gas. electric start battery = $60 (one replacement every five years)
- Toro Flex-Force Electric.= $0 (I fully expect the current Lithium-ion batteries to last 10 years but in case it doesn’t add $250 to the cost)
- Blade sharpening, blade replacement, and self-propel drive belt will cost the same so I won’t include it in the cost.
Total Cost 10-year Ownership.
- Toro Recycler Gas: Best Case: $430 initial purchase + $300 Fuel + $300 self engine maintenance = $1030
- Toro Recycler Gas: Worst Case: $430 initial purchase + $300 Fuel + $690 professional engine maintenance + $60 starter battery = $1480
- Toro Recycler Flex-Force: Best Case: $659 initial purchase + $32 Electricity = $691
- Toro Recycler Flex-Force: Worst Case: $659 initial purchase + $32 Electricity + $259 One new battery = $950
Ready to Buy? Go Here: The Home Depot: Toro 60V Flex-Force Power System Collection