When you get done here stop by and read this new, updated article: Which New 2018 John Deere E100 Series Lawn Tractor Is Right For Me?
This is a good lawn tractor if you have a large area to mow. If you need a large mower, want a John Deere, but don’t have $5000 to spend this is your choice. Your whole family can easily drive this lawn tractor.
The D170 has been around for a while now and every year John Deere tweeks it to keep it current (they say ahead) of the other brands. This year it has a engine change and improvements to the deck. At 530 lbs it is a heavy, great driving tractor, but it is not designed for pulling ground engaging equipment. If you want to do garden or field plot work move up to the X500 or X700 Series tractors.
The D170 is priced comparable to it’s competitors and about $1700 less than the next tractor up from John Deere, the X320. This lawn tractor mows great. The foot pedal hydrostatic transmission is designed to ensure excellent performance and reliability. This is a great choice for your 2 to 5 acre yard. The 18 inch turning radius is not the best in the industry but if you don’t have a lot of small obstructions to mow around it is just fine. I can recommend this tractor for most attachments including a bagger, lawn sweeper and 10 cu. ft. yard cart.
The John Deere D170 riding lawn tractor offers a 54 in. deck and powerful 25 HP V-Twin engine with the Extended Life Service package which includes an automotive styled air filter system and a large fuel filter to aid in extending the life of the engine. The hydrostatic transmission and 2 pedal foot control allows you to set your own pace while mowing forward and reverse with speeds up to 5.5 mph. The D170 features a high back seat with lumbar adjustment and deluxe 14 in. steering wheel for added comfort. The front bumper provides extra protection, while cruise control and the electronic blade engagement offer convenience. The 54 in. deck will give you a superior cut quality and is ready to side discharge, bag, or mulch.
- Delivery within 7-14 days by a local John Deere Representative, At delivery the customer will be taught how to operate and maintain the mower
- 25 HP V-Twin John Deere branded engine for powerful performance
- 54 in. deck offers a smooth underside to prevent grass buildup and the deep deck design lifts grass for a better cut, a wash port is included for your convenience cleaning the underside of the deck, the cut heights range from 1 in. to 4 in., in 1/4 in. increments
- Full length welded steel frame and a cast iron front axle for added strength and long life
- Hood is made of a UV-resistant JD Loy polymer that won’t fade, dent or rust, Openings on side let in cooling air while keeping sound level low
- Deluxe High back seat with lumbar adjustment easily adjusts while you are in the seat, flexible forward and rearward travel of 5-1/2 in. and 10 different positions
- Easy- to-use cruise control option maintains tractor’s speed for mowing larger areas
- Several attachments available (Sold Separately) to help with projects around the yard: Baggers, Mulch Plug, Carts, Aerators, Spreaders, Front Blade and Snowblowers
- A John Deere professional will teach you how to maintain and operate your unit – see how
Legendary John Deere durability is here on the 125 Series, thanks to a solid, one-piece, 12-gauge frame, along with heavy-duty crankshaft, a cast-iron front axle, and a high capacity engine filter – all proof that a lot more goes into a 125 Series tractor than meets the eye.
Is this mower for you?
- It will mow about 2 acres an hour
- Terrain: Flat, Slopes
- Standard High Back Seat
- Cast Iron front axle. This is axle won’t bend or break.
- Turning Radius similar to the Troy-Bilt, Ariens or Husqvarna lawn tractors, but is not as good as the Craftsman Yard Tractors or Cub Cadet 100 Series. If you don’t have a lot of small landscaping features and trees to mow around the 18 inch turning radius is fine.
- I do like the 13 position cutting height control. You can fine tune your cut to easily match other mowers (your neighbors edge of the yard)
- It is easy to operate, push the large pedal on the right to go forward, push the small pedal to go back. A parking brake is on the left.
- If you just want to mow your lawn, use a bagger to collect the clippings, and pull a yard cart this mower will work well for you. This tractor will handle a snow blade or snow thrower.
- Some John Deere dealers have on-site service or will pick up your tractor but you are responsible for the trip charge or for getting your tractor to the dealer for service
- John Deere will set up this tractor and deliver it within 7-14 days by a local John Deere representative. At Delivery you will be taught by John Deere how to operate and maintain the mower.
- Standard 2 year/120 hour warranty on the tractor.
John Deere has a full line of attachments for this tractor including a powered bagger, snow blade, front scoop and snow blower.
Complete Product Description: John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D170 54 in. 25 HP V-Twin Hydrostatic Front-Engine BG20732
See All Buying Options, Special Offers: John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D170 54 in. 25 HP V-Twin Hydrostatic Front-Engine BG20732
See All Pickup and Delivery Options: John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D170 54 in. 25 HP V-Twin Hydrostatic Front-Engine BG20732
See All Financing Options: Credit, Special Financing John Deere Riding Lawn Mower. D170 54 in. 25 HP V-Twin Hydrostatic Front-Engine BG20732
2014 John Deere Lawn Tractors.
From the beginning, every 100 Series Tractor is made right. With The Edge™ Cutting System, a 3-in-1 deck, you can choose between mulching, bagging, and side-discharging. The stamped deck design completely lifts grass for a precise, even cut. And you can find the precise mowing height every time, thanks to the ¼-inch height of cut adjustment. Legendary John Deere durability is also found on the 100 Series, thanks to a solid, one-piece, 12-gauge frame, along with heavy-duty crankshaft, a cast-iron front axle, and a high capacity engine filter – all proof that a lot more goes into a 100 Series tractor than meets the eye.