SmartSwitch by Husqvarna brings the convenience of one-touch starting, real-time feedback and “key-less” security to its line of riding mowers.
“In developing SmartSwitch, we really listened to our loyal customers, who were eager for intelligent feedback, easier starting procedures, and increased security from their Husqvarna riding mowers,” said Sean Dwyer, Husqvarna. “It is truly a revolutionary advancement in riding mower technology and it sets the stage for the future.”
SmartSwitch is a microprocessor enabled electronic interface designed for use with Husqvarna’s exclusive Endurance Series engines featuring ReadyStart® automatic choke systems. The feature will be available on select RZ series Zero Turn Mowers and GT series garden tractors initially.
Key features include:
• Key-less operation – Along with the convenience of one touch starting, it also eliminates potential for lost keys or dead batteries when keys are left on (since the system automatically shuts down after a period of inactivity).
• One-Touch Headlights that can also be programmed to shut off at pre-set times.
• Safer Mowing in Reverse – One-touch activation allows mowing in reverse; and in case you forget, the system will shut off the cutting deck alone rather than the whole unit. A lit indicator clearly identifies status of the ROS (reverse operating system).
• System Monitoring – A button showing current battery status will inform the user if the battery is below acceptable level or if the charging system is not functioning. It can also give multi-color indication of the current battery charge level.
• Clear Feedback – The microprocessor controlled display indicates if the parking brake, cutting deck or steering levers need to be corrected prior to a start attempt.
Products featuring Husqvarna SmartSwitch will be available in February 2014.