I sent out a questionnaire to the major manufactures and retailers a few weeks ago about the new products for 2013. Here is the info from Toro:
by: Paul Sikkema
As you know Toro produces not only mowers for the residential market but makes a lot of products for the professional contractor. They are the largest player in the sports field, golf, and municipalities maintenance arena.
Here are the specific questions I asked and the answers: Thank you Vicki Le for supplying these answers.
1. Are you introducing new walk-behind mowers this year? What are the key features/improvements?
We have the TimeMaster 30” walk power mower that was introduced in 2012 for residential users.
- It Has The Look & Feel of a 21″ walk mower. The 30″ wide cutting deck will save up to 40% of your mowing time*
- 8.75 ft-lb Gross Torque Briggs & Stratton® OHV
- Quick-Stow Lever for compact storage, takes up the same amount of space as a standard walk behind mower
- Personal Pace Self Propel system automatically adjusts to your walking speed
For 2013 we have introduced the TurfMaster 30” walk power mower for Professional users. Each of these mowers are new categories for us with the 30” deck, dual blade system. They are easy to maneuver and increases your productivity.
There are videos of these products on our YouTube channel: Toro on YouTube
2. Are you introducing new tractors this year? What are the key features/improvements?
No. (Toro has the LX Lawn Tractor series in 42 and 46 inch cut and the GT2200 Garden Tractor in 50 inch cut)
3. Are you introducing new zero-turns this year? What are the key features/improvements?
We will now offer two new EFI models (Electronic Fuel Injection) with 34 hp Kohler Command Pro engines to our Z Master Professional 6000 series. These new models feature Toro’s exclusive TURBO FORCE deck, large drive tires, forward ground speeds up to 11.5 mph and a deluxe suspension seat with 3-D isolation mount for maximum comfort.
4. Are there any retailers you would like to highlight this year?
We have a new system called www.ToroDealer.com. You can buy Genuine Toro parts, accessories, attachments and other products online. Easy, convenient, available 24/7.
5. Is your website up to date?
Toro.com is up to date. Our new TurfMaster category and page will be live yet this week.
6. Any other products you would like to mention?
20V and 24V Lithium Ion products – String trimmers, Hedge Trimmers. These items are mostly at the mass retailers, not many dealers carry these products yet. (Good cordless trimmers are finally becoming a reality. If you trim every week they are a great alternative to gas power)
7. Are you dropping any products for 2013? No.
Do you have any reviews on the Toro Grandstand with the 40 and 48 deck as compared to the regular set down on zero turn mowers of any brand and would there be any faults to look for on a used Grandstand for sale on E-Bay Thank`s
@Rick, I don’t do reviews of commercial mowers on this site but I feel stand-ons are the most productive way to mow lawns. (I actually helped design the Great Dane SuperSurfer back in the 90’s) Compared to the same size zero-turn they will save you another 15 to 25% in time savings. They work on hills and once you get used to operating them, they are less tiring to use all day long. I like the Grandstand and the ExMark Vantage a lot. Most operators like the ExMark’s controls a little better and the UltraCut deck on the ExMark is arguably the best floating cutting deck. They are fast, rugged machines. The only other stand-on I like at this point in time is the Wright Stander with the floating deck.